Center for Sustainability
The Center for Sustainability will oversee academic aspects of sustainability on campus including the concentration in environmental sustainability and the capstone practicum in environmental sustainability, educational programs and events, co-curricular activities, sustainability outreach, service-learning projects related to sustainability and fostering interdisciplinary research through obtaining extramural funding for sustainability initiatives. This committee will meet at least quarterly and will derive its operations budget for these initiatives from Green Fees (when available), services (e.g. online certificate revenue), external grants, and fundraising. It will also develop an annual budget plan for the ASC component of the Green Fee and prepare a budget expenditure report. The Director of Academic Sustainability who chairs this committee will make a presentation to the Council of Deans in the last month of Fall and Spring semesters to provide a preview of the sustainability plans for the upcoming semester.
- Director of Academic Sustainability, chairing ASC (3 year renewable appointment by the Council of Deans)
- Chair of ERCC
- Sustainability Coordinator
- Marketing and Communications representative
(all 4 of whom also serve on the ERCC)
- Graduate student representative (GSO or SAGE)- different student to that on the ERC
- Undergraduate student representative (SGA or SAGE) - different student to that on the ERC
- 1 faculty representative from each college across the university serving a 2-year renewable term (college representatives would be selected according to their college's governance processes)
This chair will report to the provost two times a year. For day-to-day operations, the ASC will report to the dean of the college of which the chair is a member. The college will provide administrative support both for financial operations and for web-support as well as assistance with scheduling and promoting events and activities.
To be scheduled.