Skip to main content

Course Enrollment

Academic Credit

Students hoping to receive academic credit for their internships will register for the internship course offered within the student’s major/minor and pay any tuition and fees associated with enrollment. If internship credits are not available in the student’s program of study, students may discuss options with their academic advisor or the Assistant Director of Experiential Learning in the Office of Career and Professional Development.

Non-Academic Credit

The Office of Career and Professional Development’s Experiential Learning Program also provides a non-credit academic course that allows interns to be considered full-time for insurance purposes. There is not a tuition expense associated with the non-academic credit, however students will be obligated to pay any housing and living expenses.


Internship placement is competitive with other applicants around the state. We recommend students enroll in on-campus courses until notification of acceptance in the internship program. Additionally, we recommend that students work with their advisor in advance to prepare for dropping/adding internship, online or independent study courses once accepted.

For more information about internships and receiving course credit, please click here. 

Last updated: 12/18/2012