ASID Summit 2021
We had two students attend the ASID Summit event in 2021. They networked and toured ASID and Gensler in DC. One of our students, Kennedy Johnson, shared the following:
- On the first day, I was nervous about meeting new people, but I met Jia Qi. We met at our first tour at Gensler and hung out the rest of the weekend! We both wanted to focus on different aspects of interior design, which gave us a lot of opportunities to talk and learn from each other.
- On the second day, as a group we were given the opportunity to tour the ASID headquarters. ASID has the following standards, the WELL Building Standard™ (WELL™) under WELL v1 and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED). To see how both standards were used was an amazing experience. The spaces were beautifully designed and well thought out.
- While in the ASID headquarters we were divided into groups to explore the different office spaces. Instead of a “normal” tour, we participated in a scavenger hunt, which gave us a way to interact with the spaces while meeting new people.
- We had the opportunity to have an etiquette lunch with Matthew De Geeter, (ASID, Vice President, Education & Engagement), Kari Stringfellow, (Vice President, Member Experience), and Toni Gocke Wyre (FASID, Assoc. AIA, LEED AP, WELL AP, Instructor of Interior Design, University of Central Arkansas).
- During this lunch we were separated into random groups and learned how to properly eat in a professional setting. During this business lunch we were able to talk to each other about the interior design industry and so much more!!
Posted in General Announcements