The Interior Design Program at Georgia Southern University provides many experiential learning opportunities including service-learning, a required internship and other high-impact practices.
- Study Abroad! Check out the USG Goes Global and the University Office of Global Engagement.
- Service-learning in Design Studio V works with a community partner and psychology for interdisciplinary projects with real clients where students interview them, design and present their final projects.
- Internships: Every student has a guided internship with an assigned faculty mentor that helps students prepare for the internship experience. See the internship page.
- Yearly charrettes are open to all studios to create a weekend design project for the community partner. Check out our news feed for some recent ones.
- We also host portfolio and mock interviews with professionals to help hone our students skills for getting the job they want.
- We also are active in testing out emerging technology, like GIS, VR and Maker equipment. Ask your professor for access.
Last updated: 6/1/2023