WCHP Introduces New Department
On July 1, the Waters College of Health Professions launched the new Department of Clinical Sciences to improve efficiencies while promoting cross-collaboration within the college and university.
“The Department of Clinical Sciences houses programs previously in the Department of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Sciences and the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences as well as the new Tactical Performance group and the anticipated Physician Assistant program,” stated Whitney Nash, Ph.D., Dean of the Waters College of Health Professions.
The department is led by Laurie Adams, Ed.D., serving as department chair and Myka Bussey-Campbell, Ph.D., serving as the assistant chair. The department offers both undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs to include the following:
- Communication Sciences and Disorders, B.S.
- Medical Laboratory Science, B.S.M.L.S.
- Radiologic Sciences, B.S.R.S.
- Rehabilitation Sciences, B.S.
- Respiratory Therapy, B.S.
- Clinical Specialist in Advanced Imaging Certificate
- Tactical Athlete Certificate
- Communication Sciences and Disorders, M.S.
- Physical Therapy, DPT
“The college is looking forward to continuing its long tradition of providing high-quality health care education for students in Georgia and beyond,” stated Nash.
Posted in General Announcements