Master of Science, Kinesiology, Athletic Training Concentration
Format: In person on the Statesboro Campus
Credit Hours: 36
Entry Terms: Fall
Advance your knowledge and skills in clinical practice, instruction and research.
As a practicing athletic trainer, you need comprehensive training to advance your career. This two year post-professional graduate athletic training program provides you with a complete core curriculum supplemented by areas of intensive study.
You will explore the following areas of intensive academic study:
- Concussion Pathophysiology and Management
- Assessment and Rehabilitation of the Lumbar Spine
- Graston Technique for Manual Therapy
- Clinical Education in Athletic Training
- Opportunities in Gross Anatomy
- iStan Patient Simulator
Our athletic training staff consist of athletic trainers with various specialties and team physicians.
Program of Study
The program of study focuses on student development in promoting strong scientific inquiry and understanding practical applications of theory through exposure to scientific literature and current research. The program produces graduates with the ability to communicate clinical findings to the academic and lay communities, and to display critical thinking skills and expertise necessary to plan and conduct independent and creative research.
Completion of a committee approved thesis is required of all students for graduation.
Ready to Apply?
Or, you can:
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completing the Athletic Training concentration students will demonstrate:
- Advanced knowledge and skills used in the field of athletic training
- An understanding of the research process and how it is used to advance the profession of athletic training, including the preparation of manuscripts and presentations
- An appreciation of current issues and trends in athletic training
- An understanding of the teaching and evaluation of clinical education learning outcomes/objectives in athletic training (clinical instruction only)
- An ability to incorporate the knowledge base of related disciplines to support the scientific rationale of clinical practice (clinical foundations only)
No longer admitting students.
Follow Us on Social Media
*Provisional Admission may be granted to those with a minimum 2.50 (4.0 scale) undergraduate GPA
*Achievement of the minimum admission requirements of the College of Graduate Studies and requirements of the graduate program does not guarantee admission to that graduate degree program.
Last updated: 12/19/2023