When are the Spring 2023 Commencement ceremonies?
- Tuesday, May 9 at 10 a.m. — Paulson Stadium in Statesboro
- The College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Science and Mathematics, Waters College of Health Professions, and the Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health
- Wednesday, May 10 at 10 a.m. — Paulson Stadium in Statesboro
- The Parker College of Business and the College of Education
- Thursday, May 11 at 10 a.m. — Paulson Stadium in Statesboro
- The College of Behavioral and Social Sciences and the Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing
- Saturday, May 13 at 10 a.m. — Enmarket Arena in Savannah
- The College of Arts and Humanities, College of Education, College of Science and Mathematics, College of Behavioral and Social Sciences, the Parker College of Business, and the Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing
- Saturday, May 13 at 3 p.m. – Enmarket Arena in Savannah
- The Waters College of Health Professions and the Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health
How do I get my regalia (cap and gown) and from where?
Students may reserve their cap and gown on the Herff Jones website. Details on cap and gown will be posted on the Office of the Registrar website.
How long will each ceremony last?
With approximately 2,100 total graduates, we anticipate each ceremony will be about 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Will there be a commencement speaker?
Yes. There will be a different speaker for each ceremony.
Will there be a practice for any ceremony?
No. Participants need to arrive at least one hour before the ceremony begins for line up and directions.
Do graduates need a ticket to get into the ceremony?
No, your cap and gown is your ticket.
Do guests need tickets to enter the venue and if so, how many will I receive?
Students who choose to graduate in either Savannah ceremony at Enmarket Arena will be able to reserve up to 13 tickets for their guests. Students will receive more information about tickets through their Georgia Southern email account closer to the ceremony date. Each guest, regardless of age and including currently enrolled students, will need a ticket to enter Enmarket Arena.
Tickets will not be required for guests of graduates who choose to participate in the ceremony at Allen E. Paulson Stadium.
Graduates will not need tickets. Their cap and gown is their ticket.
Will I get my diploma at the ceremony?
You will receive a diploma cover at the ceremony. You will receive your diploma in the mail approximately six to eight weeks after the semester you complete degree requirements.
So, what are my options if I’m graduating with a master’s, specialist or doctorate degree?
Graduate students can choose to graduate in Statesboro May 9-11 or in Savannah on May 13. The choice of which ceremony to attend in Statesboro or in Savannah depends on the college associated with your degree.
Where is the Enmarket Arena and what do I need to know about parking for the Savannah ceremony?
The address for the Enmarket Arena is 620 Stiles Ave, Savannah, GA 31415.
View directions and parking information on the Enmarket Arena website. There will be no charge for parking at Enmarket Arena on the day of Commencement.
Do Enmarket Arena’s policies apply to the commencement ceremony in Savannah?
Yes. Please visit Enmarket Arena’s A-Z guide for complete information on the venue’s policies.
Does the stadium’s policies apply to the commencement ceremony in Paulson Stadium?
Yes, for commencement, both graduates and guests must comply with the policies that are required by Paulson Stadium fan code of conduct. Those guidelines are available at the Fan Code of Conduct page. Clear bags will not be required.
What about inclement weather?
The ceremony at Paulson Stadium is outside and will take place rain or shine unless the weather is threatening and compromising safety. There will be no rain plan.
If rain is in the forecast, graduates and guests are strongly encouraged to bring appropriate rain gear. Umbrellas are permitted.
The ceremony in Savannah is indoors.
If I have a disability and have concerns about participating in the ceremony, what should I do?
Contact the Student Accessibility Resource Center at 912-478-1566.
If one of my guests has a disability and needs information about attending the ceremony, what should I do?
Contact the Student Accessibility Resource Center for guest-related accessibility questions at 912-344-2572 or email@example.com.
Are pets or animals allowed at the ceremonies?
Only service animals will be allowed at any Commencement ceremony.
Can the ceremonies be viewed online?
All ceremonies will be livestreamed on the university’s Facebook page and on the university’s commencement page.