Skip to main content

Taking Courses in a Minimester

Apply for aid by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at

  • Filing a FAFSA allows you to apply for both federal and state aid
  • If only seeking state aid, file the GSFAPPS at


You may be asked to provide additional documents to complete your financial aid file once Georgia Southern received your FAFSA application.  Watch your Georgia Southern email for any requests and complete it as soon as possible.  For more information on verification go to our website here.

Transfer Students’ Expecting HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarships

If eligible for HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarships, Georgia Southern must receive all transcripts from other schools you have attended before a final award can be determined. For more information regarding the HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarships, please visit our website here.

Pell Grants and the Pell Recalculation Date

Returning Students

  • Georgia Southern has a Pell Recalculation Date that occurs the day after the initial drop/add period of a term ends.  
  • You must be registered in all courses for the term by this date in order for Pell to pay for them.  This includes second part of Term Minimester courses or E-core courses. 
  •  If, one or more of you courses that you are in on the recalculation date is drop/deleted for any reason, such as for non-attendance, after the recalculation date, you may replace that course or courses with another course.  
  • Whatever your enrollment status is on the recalculation date is the maximum enrollment status your Pell will be calculated on for the term.   
  • If you fail to begin a course, your Pell will be recalculated if your enrollment status would be less than what froze on the recalculation date.
  • For more information on Pell Recalculation please visit our website here.

New Students

  • If you are enrolling in the second part of term Minimester, and it is your first term of enrollment with Georgia Southern, your Pell recalculation date will be the first disbursement date after the Minimester classes begin.
  • For more information on Pell Recalculation please visit our website here.

Course Program of Study (CPoS)

  • To qualify for financial aid, the courses enrolled in must count in the program of study.  Any courses not required to receive your major program of study will not be counted in the calculation of credits used to determine financial aid eligibility
  • For more information on CPoS click here.

General Eligibility

  • In order to receive financial aid a student must be meeting requirements for Satisfactory Academic Progress. For more information on the Satisfactory Academic Progress, please visit our website here.
  • Aid is based on a student’s enrollment status (full-time, ¾ time, ½ time or less than half time)
  • For more information on general eligibility go to our website here.

Last updated: 9/14/2021