The Nomination Process
Any employee may nominate another employee regardless of division, faculty or staff status, supervisory or peer relationships. Nominators can nominate as many faculty and staff as they wish. No self-nominations are allowed. If nominated for more than one award, a faculty/staff member must select one preferred award in order to move forward in this process. As such a faculty/staff member would only submit one application package per academic year for and Award of Excellence. Consequently, a faculty/staff member cannot receive multiple awards in the same year. Certain Award Review Committees (see section below) may have nomination criteria that supersede these criteria, these are set as a minimum.
All nominations will be submitted through the online submission form.
The awards process includes:
- Eligibility requirements.
- List of application material.
- Schedule of deadlines for nominations and committees’ selection decisions.
- Open-ended questions nominees and supporters will answer. Each form should be tailored to the particular award.
- List of what awardees, excluding team awards, will receive a monetary award along with a newly created medallion. Team award winners will receive a plaque.
- List of current and previous award winners (pictures, bios).
- Upcoming ceremony information (date, time, place, dress code).
Nomination Period/Application Submission Schedule for 2019-2020
December 3, 2019 – January 31, 2020* – Nominations Open
- Verification of Eligibility
- Application Submission
- Committee Accepts Application for Review
February 10 – Applications Packets for nominees/team awards must be submitted by 5:00 pm.
February 10 – February 28, 2020 – Review Process by Committees
March 1, 2020 – Award Recipients Names Forwarded to President’s Office
April 2020 – Georgia Southern University Excellence in Awards Celebration
*recognizing the new nature of these awards, when nominations open for 2020-2021 Academic year, the call for nominations will open August 1- October 1. All subsequent dates will roll forward accordingly.
Deadlines for submission will determine when forms are “closed.” No incomplete or late forms will be accepted.