Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Flyer Transcript
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness caused by a new coronavirus that originated in China. COVID-19 spreads person to person, anyone can be infected.
- Travelers to countries with widespread outbreaks and their close contacts.
- Older persons (60+)
- Persons with chronic health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, HIV, etc.
Incubation period is 2 to 14 days, with an average period of 5 days.
Most cases are mild to moderate. Symptoms include:
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
Prevent the Spread
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Get a flu shot!
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as counters, door knobs, desks, keyboards, tablets and phones.
If you think you or a family member has COVID-19:
- Call your healthcare provider right away.
- Tell the doctor about your recent travel and your symptoms.
- Your healthcare provided will tell you how to get care without exposing others.
- Stay home and avoid contact with others.
For more information, visit:
Information flyer published by the Georgia Department of Public Health