Georgia Southern University is the state’s largest and most comprehensive center of higher education south of Atlanta. With 141 degree programs at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels, Georgia Southern has been designated a public Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution and serves over 26,400 students from all 50 states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico as well as 102 nations. With three vibrant campuses — the Statesboro Campus, the Armstrong Campus in Savannah and the Liberty Campus in Hinesville — Georgia Southern offers an attractive campus environment that encourages learning, discovery and personal growth. Georgia Southern’s nationally accredited academic programs prepare diverse scholars for leadership and service as world citizens. A unit of the University System of Georgia, the University boasts 200-plus student organizations, outstanding Division I athletics, and state-of-the art residence halls and campus facilities.
Since 1906, the University’s hallmark has been a culture of engagement that bridges theory with practice, extends the learning environment beyond the classroom, and promotes student growth and life success. Central to the University’s mission is the faculty’s dedication to excellence in teaching and the development of a fertile learning environment exemplified by a free exchange of ideas, high academic expectations, and individual responsibility for academic achievement. Faculty, staff, and students embrace core values expressed through integrity, civility, kindness, collaboration, and a commitment to lifelong learning, wellness, and social responsibility.
Georgia Southern University
At A Glance
- Georgia Southern University ranked number one in “The Best Schools for Military Students 2019” by Best for Vets Colleges
- Named “Military-Friendly” Gold school for the seventh year in a row in 2018 by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs, STEM Jobs and Military Spouse magazines
- Georgia Southern University has been included on the prestigious “2018 Green Ribbon Schools” list by the U.S. Department of Education
- For the eighth year in a row, Georgia Southern University was named one of the nation’s top eco-friendly campuses in The Princeton Review’s Guide to 399 Green Colleges: 2018 Edition
- The Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing is home to the first undergraduate Manufacturing Engineering program in the state of Georgia, one of only 20 such programs nationwide.
- The Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Computing ranked third in “Most Affordable Colleges for a Master’s in Computer Science 2018” by OnlineU
- Waters College of Health Professions is ranked number one in “20 Most Affordable Online BSN Degrees” by College Choice
- Waters College of Health Professions ranked number two in the “10 Most Affordable Doctorate in Nurse Practitioner Online 2018” by Grad School Hub.
- Waters College of Health Professions is ranked number two in the “2018 Top Online Schools for Exercise Science” by The College Affordability Guide
- Waters College of Health Professions is ranked number two for the Master of Science in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Coaching Education among “15 Best Online Master’s in Coaching Education 2018” by Sports Management Degree Hub
- Georgia Southern’s Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health was the first such facility in the University System of Georgia and is one of only 48 in the country to be accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.