Georgia Southern University is the state’s largest and most comprehensive center of higher education south of Atlanta. With 142 degree programs at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels, Georgia Southern has been designated a Carnegie Doctoral/Research university and serves more than 27,000 students from all 50 states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico as well as 102 nations. With three vibrant campuses — the Armstrong Campus in Savannah, the Statesboro Campus and the Liberty Campus in Hinesville — Georgia Southern offers an attractive campus environment that encourages learning, discovery and personal growth. Georgia Southern’s nationally accredited academic programs prepare diverse scholars for leadership and service as world citizens. A unit of the University System of Georgia, the University boasts 200-plus student organizations, outstanding Division I athletics, and state-of-the art residence halls and campus facilities.
Since 1906, the University’s hallmark has been a culture of engagement that bridges theory with practice, extends the learning environment beyond the classroom, and promotes student growth and life success. Central to the University’s mission is the faculty’s dedication to excellence in teaching and the development of a fertile learning environment exemplified by a free exchange of ideas, high academic expectations, and individual responsibility for academic achievement. Faculty, staff, and students embrace core values expressed through integrity, civility, kindness, collaboration, and a commitment to lifelong learning, wellness, and social responsibility.
Georgia Southern University
Georgia’s “large-scale, small-feel” research University
At A Glance
- Georgia Southern University is listed among the top four “Most Affordable Colleges in Georgia” by College Affordability Guide.
- Georgia Southern is ranked among the top 100 “2017 Best Online Bachelor’s Programs” by U.S. News & World Report.
- The College of Business Administration was named among the “12 Top Business Schools” by Newsweek.
- The Allen E. Paulson College of Engineering and Information Technology is home to the first undergraduate Manufacturing Engineering program in the state of Georgia.
- Georgia Southern has been named a “Military Friendly” school for the sixth year in a row by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs, STEM Jobs and Military Spouse magazines.
- The online Master of Science in Computer Science program was ranked 21st on the list of “2017 Best Online Graduate Computer Information Technology Programs” by U.S. News & World Report.
- Both the online Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) and online graduate business programs were ranked in the top 50 of their respective lists of online business programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Georgia Southern’s Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health was the first such facility in the University System of Georgia and is one of only 48 in the country to be accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health.
- Herty Advanced Materials Development Center is a world-leader in materials research and product development.