Samantha McDaniel receives Professional Achievement Award from GSHA

Samantha McDaniel, Ph.D., assistant professor in the Department of Clinical Sciences in the Waters College of Health Professions, recently received the Professional Achievement Award by the Georgia Speech-Language-Hearing Association (GSHA). 

“Earning the Professional Achievement Award from GSHA means a great deal, especially as a junior faculty member at Georgia Southern University,” stated McDaniel. “I have felt so welcomed and supported as I transitioned into the role of communication sciences and disorders graduate program director and continue my scholarship in acquired neurogenic communication disorders.” 

The Professional Achievement Award award recognizes outstanding professional achievements by a speech-language pathologist or audiologist. To be nominated, individuals must have three or more years of experience in the profession and have demonstrated service to at least one of the following: assessment, management and professional contributions in the areas of speech, language and/or hearing disorders; service to local, state or national professional organizations; or innovative program design or therapeutic methods for individuals with speech, language or hearing disorders.

“The ultimate reward is seeing our students succeed in helping individuals with communication disorders from our Savannah community,” McDaniel said. “Knowing that I am making a difference in the students’ lives as well as the lives of those they touch is really motivating. I’m very lucky to have found a profession that I love and I hope the students feel the same for many years to come.”

McDaniel was nominated by her colleague, Tory Candea, SLPD, CCC-SLP, clinical coordinator of Georgia Southern University’s RiteCare Center for Communication Disorders.

Share:

Posted in Awards and Recognition, Faculty Highlights