RiteCare Center, communication disorders students receive financial awards from Scottish Rite Masons

Georgia Southern University’s RiteCare Center for Communication Disorders recently received a boost from the Scottish Rite Masons when the organization made an $11,500 donation to the center. The group also awarded two scholarships to graduate students in the Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSDS) program. 

Madison Morgan and Jessica Grim each received a $1,000 scholarship based on their outstanding academic and clinical abilities to put toward their tuition expenses.

“Receiving this scholarship meant so much to me,” Morgan said. “The Scottish Rite Masons do so much for the Rite Care Center, so to receive a scholarship from them was such an honor. It also showed me that my hard work has paid off and it encouraged me to keep working hard throughout this program.”

Morgan, who is from Brooklet, Georgia, received her undergraduate degree in special education from Georgia Southern while Tybee Island resident Grim earned an undergraduate degree in communication sciences and disorders. 

Grim was also grateful to be selected as a scholarship recipient. 

“Receiving this scholarship from the Scottish Rite meant the world to me,” she said. “I was incredibly grateful to be nominated for the scholarship by our clinical coordinator at the RiteCare Center (RCC). I am genuinely thankful to the RCC and the Scottish Rite Savannah chapter for what they do for our campus clinic and the ability to get hands-on experience immediately during my first semester of graduate school.”

The RiteCare Center for Communication Disorders at Georgia Southern is the primary RiteCare facility in the Savannah area and is supported by an annual contribution from the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite Savannah Valley in keeping with the national philanthropic program of the Scottish Rite Masons to support speech and hearing clinics. 

The support of the Scottish Rite allows the Center to offer speech therapy services to the Savannah community. Additionally, services offered by the RiteCare Center for Communication Disorders are provided by graduate students in the CSDS program who are supervised by experienced licensed and certified speech-language pathologists.

Share:

Posted in Awards and Recognition