Your child’s program meets NAEYC’s 10 standards of excellence in early childhood education. Programs that meet these standards provide a safe and healthy environment for children, have teachers who are well-trained, have access to excellent teaching materials, and work with a curriculum that is appropriately challenging and developmentally sound. These programs are continuously working together with families and the community to improve themselves and to provide the best possible educational opportunities for children.
Quality Rated gives families greater confidence in their child care choice because independent, credentialed experts in early childhood have assessed that the program is following best practices. Employing qualified well trained teachers, implementing individualized instruction, focusing on active learning and social emotional development and providing low student teacher ratio are all part of the Quality Rated system. Our center has the highest rating of 3 stars.
NAEYC-accredited programs meet a higher standard.
- Promote positive relationships for all children and adults to encourage each child’s sense of individual worth.
- Implement a curriculum that fosters all areas of child development: cognitive, emotional, language, physical and social.
- Use developmentally, culturally and linguistically appropriate effective teaching approaches.
- Provide ongoing assessments of a child’s learning and development and communicate the child’s progress to the family.
- Promote the nutrition and health of children and protect children and staff from injury and illness.
- Employ a teaching staff that has the educational qualifications, knowledge and professional commitment necessary to promote children’s learning and development, and to support families’ diverse needs and interests.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with each child’s family.
- Establish relationships with and use the resources of the community to support the achievement of program goals.
- Provide a safe and healthy physical environment.
- Implement strong personnel, fiscal and program management policies so that all children, families and staff have high-quality experiences.
Last updated: 5/4/2021