COVID-19 Exposure and Health Alerts
Georgia Southern has a robust system, through our CARES Center for COVID-19 self-reporting, to record self-reported test results and symptoms; to evaluate callers’ unique situations; and to support Eagle Nation’s COVID-19 related academic, employment and on-campus notification needs.
The information below is presented by Georgia Southern to provide current, relevant information about the status of the COVID-19 pandemic on our campuses as collected through our CARES Center for COVID-19 self-reporting. Please note:
- Except where noted, this information is self-reported.
- The university is legally bound to protect the health and privacy information of individual faculty, staff, and students. Privacy laws prevent us from identifying anyone on this list.
- The totals may include reports from individuals who have not been on campus recently, there may be delays in reporting, and the totals may even include individuals who have recovered.
- Official numbers of confirmed cases of COVID-19 within the state of Georgia (as reported to the Georgia Department of Public Health) can be found online in the COVID-19 Daily Status Report.
For the second week in a row, the report below indicates zero confirmed and zero self-reported cases of COVID-19 last week. This follows the fifth completed week of the Summer semester.
While Georgia Southern’s COVID-19 numbers, like the region, state, and country, have decreased significantly since the pandemic started, faculty, staff and students are encouraged to take advantage of our on-going on-campus opportunities to get a COVID-19 vaccination.
University leaders continue to assess internal and external public health and safety factors, operational efficiency, and continuity of curriculum and service delivery to our students. We remain in frequent communication with the Georgia Department of Public Health, regional healthcare administrators, local government and community leaders, and the University System of Georgia.
Georgia Southern diligently tracks and reports both university confirmed and self-reported positive cases to ensure timely contact notification and to mitigate the spread of the virus amongst our population. This report should not be compared to other institutions that report only confirmed positive cases.
Total confirmed positive cases for week of 6/14/2021 to 6/20/2021 = 0
(Monday – Sunday)
|empty subheading||empty subheading||empty subheading||Employees||Students||Statesboro||Armstrong||Liberty||empty subheading|
|Totals||Total Confirmed||Total Self Reported*||no totals for remaining columns|
“Positive Cases” = Reports to the CARES center by students and employees who have self reported they have tested positive for COVID-19, PLUS numbers of positive results that have come back from tests that the university has administered.
“University Confirmed” = The number of positive results that have come back from tests ordered by Athletics or by University Health Services.
* “Self Reported” = Calls or forms submitted to CARES Center from individuals who claimed to have received a positive COVID-19 test result.
“By Role” = Primary role at Georgia Southern University as reported by respondents (“Employees” = faculty and staff).
“By Campus” = Self reported “home” campus by students or employees regardless of their physical presence on that campus.
“Day Total” = Total number of positive cases logged into the CARES Center per day.
“Weekly Cumulative Total” = Total number of positive cases – both university confirmed and self-reported – logged into the CARES Center per week.