Academic Advisors are committed to:
- Effectively communicating the degree curriculum, academic policies, and graduation requirements
- Providing students with available campus resources
- Guiding and supporting students in developing clear and attainable educational plans
- Monitoring and accurately documenting students’ progress toward meeting their goals
- Encouraging use of campus resources
Students are responsible for:
- Checking their Georgia Southern email daily
- Scheduling their advisement appointment early
- Making sure they schedule an appointment they can keep
- Coming prepared to their appointment (bringing their Eagle ID)
- Being an active learner, asking questions
- Keeping a personal record of their degree progress
- Understanding their degree requirements and four-year plan of study
- Utilizing campus resources
- Understanding Georgia Southern’s Academic Standing Policy
How do I schedule an Advising Appointment?
- Use the EAB Navigate link on your MyGeorgiaSouthern page.
- Unable to schedule an appointment? Contact the CBSS Advisement Center at 912-478-6901.
Where do I get Advised?
CBSS Advisement Center
Human Development and Family Science
Fashion Merchandising and Apparel Design
Criminal Justice and Criminology
*For The Office of Career and Professional Development, visit the Williams Center (near the Russell Union, #3 on the map above).
*For the Academic Success Center and the Writing Center, visit Henderson Library (#4 on the map above).
How do I change my Major and/or Declare a Minor?
To change your major, log-in to your MyGeorgiaSouthern account. Once logged in, look in “Advisement Resources” box, and click on the link that reads “Change Your Major/Minor.” Follow the prompts to begin the change of major and/or minor process.
Note: Before changing your major, you are highly encouraged to:
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to discuss your interest in changing your major/minor.
- Make an appointment with a Career Development Specialist for CBSS to explore major/career options. Contact info: 912-478-5197
To schedule an appointment with a Career Development Specialist for CBSS:
- Go to Handshake
- Student Login: Use your MyGeorgiaSouthern login information
- In the right column under Career Tools and Advising select “Request an Appointment”
- Make appointment selections
- Important step: Select appointment length (30 or 60 minutes) and the calendar will appear
**Please note that changing your major may require you to take additional courses, possibly delaying your graduation date.
When do I register for classes?
Students can check their registration time in MyGeorgiaSouthern. This will tell you exactly when you may start registering for the next term. In order to check this you will need to do the following:
- Log into MyGeorgiaSouthern
- Navigate to the WINGS tile
- Click on ‘Student Information’
- Click on ‘Student Profile’
- Click on ‘Registration Notices’ in the upper right-hand corner
Last updated: 2/10/2023