Skip to main content


Contact With School Personnel

Only designated staff in the office of field experiences may contact school personnel to establish placements. Teacher candidates may not contact school personnel directly. There are two contact persons in the schools: principal/principal designee or clinical associates. For schools in which there are clinical associates, the associate is the contact. For schools in which there is not a clinical associate, the principal/principal designee is the contact person.  The contact person, and not an individual classroom teacher, is the initial person with whom communication is established. Since many schools host a variety of field experiences, it is important that communication be with the contact person. This will help to prevent field experience overload in any one classroom.

Communication with the school’s contact person usually takes place the semester prior to the beginning of the experience. Communication regarding a few field experiences may take place early in the semester in which the experience is anticipated to begin.  This time frame is essential in allowing the contact person ample time to communicate with teachers about the request.

Last updated: 3/26/2021