Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering
Format: In person on the Statesboro Campus
Credit Hours: 124
Software engineers power the Internet with mobile apps, online shopping, social media applications and so much more. They build and maintain the software that connects our world.
Are you ready to join them?
Beginning Fall 2023, Georgia Southern University will offer a comprehensive bachelor’s degree in software engineering designed to equip you with the technical expertise, professional practice and hands-on experience to start an amazing career in software engineering. The BS in Software Engineering will be the only public university software engineering degree outside of Atlanta, which makes Georgia Southern the ideal choice for affordability and regional reputation.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary for software developers is $109,020 per year, and this figure will keep increasing. A degree in software engineering will give graduates a great return on investment.
Median salary for software developers
Georgia is home to more than 18,000 technology companies including NCR, First Data, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and IBM. Known for its thriving technology ecosystem, Georgia attracts growing startups like Kabbage and Airwatch, who are growing in this area. Coached by world-class professors with decades of real-world experience, you’ll enter companies like these ready to lead and hit the ground running from day one.
Ready to Apply?
Or, you can:
Our Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering
Software Engineering Degree courses include:
- Programming Principles
- Data Structures
- Database Systems
- Human Computer Interaction
- Modern Software Development
- Broadband Networks
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Game Programming
- Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- And many more!
You will learn essential software engineering skills, including:
- Software Quality Assurance
- Application Software Development
- Systems Software Development
- Embedded Software Development
- Full-stack Engineering
- Game Development
- And much more!
Software Engineering at Georgia Southern
Software Engineering students at Georgia Southern take advantage of a world-class facility and top-tier professors, as well as:
- Living Learning Community: First-year engineering and computing students can live together in the Innovation Living & Learning Community, where you’ll get upper-level student mentors, networking at dinners with the dean and alumni, opportunities to go on-site visits to engineering and computing companies, and more.
- Academic Support: You’ll have regular access to peer tutoring sessions and teaching assistant support outside of the classroom, even on weekends.
- Undergraduate Research Jobs: In addition to a wide range of undergraduate research opportunities, there are paid research jobs with Georgia Southern faculty.
Software Engineering Degree Specializations
While completing the Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, you will expand your knowledge in the Software Engineering field by obtaining a specialization certificate. Based on a selected set of electives, students will receive certificates in one of the following specializations:
Big Data and Analysis
Cyber & Software Security
Have Questions? Contact Us.
Last updated: 12/24/2023