Online Masters in Sport Management
Credit Hours: 36
Entry Terms: Fall
Join one of the fastest-growing fields in the country and earn your master’s degree in Sport Management from a program ranked among the top 25 online sports management degrees for 2023!
At Georgia Southern University, our Master of Science Degree in Sport Management will advance your career without disrupting your current lifestyle. This 36-credit online program can be completed in as little as 24 months, or as your schedule permits.
The Sport Management program provides academic preparation and practical experiences in the skills and techniques required to be successful in the sport industry. The program focuses on
sport career advancement related to sport business and administration, both for-profit and non-profit organizations. Sport management is one of the fastest growing fields of study in the country, which focuses on the business of sport including marketing, finance, media relations, sport sociology, etc.
The program is perfect for people who are working in the sport industry, working as a graduate assistant that is focused on a sport business, or considering a career change to working in the sport business industry. The plan of study considers the busy schedules of full-time employees and encourages intertwining content-based discussions and activities with students’ employment and work experiences.
Ready to Apply?
Or, you can:
Fast, Flexible, Affordable…100% Online Masters in Sport Management
Online convenience with 24/7 access, but with individualized guidance from professors with industry experience.
Ranked one of the Top 10 Online Sports Management Degrees for 2023.
Straightforward application process with rolling admission.
Accelerate your career with a master’s degree in Sport Management.
The Right Training for a Job in Sports Management
Students who graduate from Georgia Southern University with a Master of Science degree in Sport Management are prepared for success in various sectors of the sport industry, including:
- Collegiate athletic departments
- Professional teams
- Sport marketing, promotion and advertising
- Sports information, media and communications
- The Olympic Movement
- State and county sports commissions
- Athletic leagues and associations
- Provide a writing sample explaining “What does the field of sport management mean to you?” Then highlight or explain a current trend/issue in the management sport. The statement should include an in-depth explanation indicating your knowledge of the academic perspective of sport management. Candidates need to clearly show and explain their understanding of the business of sport management, not their personal goals in the field. The written statement needs to be a minimum of one page double-spaced but no more than two pages.
- Provide transcripts showing the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a college or university accredited by the proper regional accrediting association. If applicant holds additional degrees or classes from accredited institutions, those transcripts must be submitted as well. The committee will review previous coursework that relates to the curriculum in the Master’s in Sport Management program.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 is required to be considered for admission into the program. An undergraduate GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 maybe considered for provisional status. Obtaining a GPA of 3.0 on a master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits may be assessed on the basis of master’s-level degree work.
- Resume will be used to review the quality of work experience and length of related professional experiences and/or internships.
- Applicants should prepare a professional video that is one-to-two minutes in length. The video needs to address who you are, your goal from the sport management program and how it will help you pursue your career, and why you want to get this degree. You will need to add your YouTube video link in the graduation application. The video MUST be uploaded on YouTube.
How to Upload a YouTube Video: *Note that the video must be less than 2 GB in size and less than 15 minutes in duration to upload. View complete instructions on how to upload a video to YouTube.
The Graduate Admissions Committee will judge the merit of each item and make a recommendation based on the sum total of the application.
Priority Application Deadline: Students interested in Teaching or Research Assistantships must apply by March 1 to receive considerations for open positions.
Application Deadline: All application materials must be received by July 1 to be considered for admission into the fall cohort.
Admission Cycle: The program follows a cohort model. Students accepted into the program will be admitted during the fall semester.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completing the Master of Science in Sport Management:
- All students graduating from the Sport Management (M.S.) program will be able to synthesize sport management literature/material (combine ideas into a single idea) and apply it effectively to one’s professional, personal, or real sport industry experiences.
- All students graduating from the Sport Management (M.S.) program will be able to demonstrate clear communication in a well thought-out manner in their completed assignment and within peer interaction.
- All students graduating from the Sport Management (M.S.) program will be able to demonstrate an ability to apply critical and creative thinking within the context of applicable sport management problems.
- All students graduating from the Sport Management (MS) program will demonstrate an ability to communicate (in written form or orally) in a professional manner (of industry quality standard) in written or oral format.
Do You Have Questions? Contact Us!
Use the form toward the beginning of this page to ask questions or request more information, or you can contact us using one of the following methods.
Sport Management Graduate Program
For all online programs:
Federal law requires colleges and universities to make certain disclosures to prospective students of these programs. These disclosures include information on the University’s authority to operate outside of Georgia, complaint processes, adverse actions, and refunds.
For required disclosures in general with regard to online programs offered by the University, visit the Office of Legal Affairs website.
Last updated: 12/19/2023