Graduate Academic Services Center
About the Center
The College of Education’s Graduate Academic Services Center (GASC) exists to represent and comprehensively support College of Education graduate programs and their students. The Center enhances the graduate experience for prospective and enrolled graduate students through all phases, from the application through graduation.
- Initial point of contact for prospective students
- Assists the university-level Office of Graduate Admissions with completing graduate applications (background checks).
- Advises Graduate Students in numerous College of Education programs
- Maintain and route Ed.S. and Ed.D. program forms and files
- Assists Program Coordinators/Directors
- Processes Alternative-6 Certification forms prior to submission to the College of Graduate Studies
- Represents COE graduate programs at recruitment events and school system visits
The Center also provides faculty support through collecting, processing, and consolidating assessment data for all College of Education graduate programs. The Center is responsible to the Associate Dean for Administration and Faculty Affairs.
College of Education Graduate students are assigned a faculty advisor or a professional advisor in the Graduate Academic Services Center (GASC), depending on the program.
Advisement takes place by telephone, e-mail, or virtually as appropriate. Contact your advisor directly. Since the College’s programs are developed to enable students to meet the certification requirements of the Georgia Professional Standards Commission, it is critical that students converse with their advisors to plan their programs of study. Students should also consult their graduate advisor for information on any exit comprehensive assessment (if required) for the M.Ed. or Ed.S. program.