Bachelor of Science in Interior Design
Format: In person on the Statesboro Campus
Credit Hours: 124
Accreditation: CIDA and NASAD
Ranked #1 Public CIDA accredited school in Georgia
Interior Design is both Art + Science.
We focus on “evidence based design” which uses the best available research for design decisions. We focus on human-centered design, sustainability, and human well-being in the built environment.
This is a professional undergraduate education that uses active-learning to prepare students for careers and graduate education in interior design and architecture.
Students explore both commercial and residential design careers. See our careers page for a few examples.
Bachelor of Science Degree
General degree requirements include 124 credit hours with 54 credits in Interior Design.
Ready to Apply?
Or, you can:
About the Georgia Southern Interior Design program:
- We currently have over 250 major students.
- It is taught by five full-time interior design professors.
- The student/faculty ratio is low, enabling professors to give students individual attention.
- Typical studio courses have a maximum of 24 students.
- The faculty work closely with students as advisors and mentors.
- The design faculty hold advanced degrees in interior design or architecture.
- There is a range of expertise, as well certifications like NCIDQ, CAPS, LEED, and professional memberships in groups such as ASID, IIDA and IDEC.
- Learn more about the faculty.
- We also enjoy a brand new state of the art facility.
See more about the impact of interior design with this ASID video:
- Senior Fashion and Interior Design Senior Show December 1st
- Interior Design Reaccredited for 6 more years by CIDA
- Great time at The Campaign for Georgia Southern Event sharing our VR and human-centered design approach to the built environment with donors and faculty.
Congratulations Interior Design Student- SnapCab Contest Winner!
“Announcing the winner of the 3rd annual “Space To Be You” pod design contest! The Zen Garden pod, the winning design, is set to come to life and take center stage at NeoCon 2024 in Chicago this coming June!” Snapcab winner link: 3rd Annual Pod Design Contest Winner and Honorees – SnapCab
- Congratulations Gia, Interior Design StudentSo proud of our Interior Design student, Gia who won the Snap Cab contest. https://workspace.snapcab.com/news/3rd-annual-pod-design-contest-winner-and-honorees. The Zen Garden pod she designed will be built and…
- GAFCS Scholarship AvailableThe Georgia Association for Family and Consumer Sciences is offering scholarships to student members. Students are able to join prior to applying for the scholarships.…
- We loved Material Bank’s Challenge for Interior DesignStudents in three studio cohorts had so much fun creating material palettes with Material Bank and Kelly Weertz this week. They were given an introduction…
For more news, see our School News Page
Located one hour west of the coastal city of Savannah and four hours south of Atlanta, Georgia, our program has proximity to rural areas, intermediate sized cities, metropolitan cities, resorts and coastal regions.
Our unique location affords students varied off-campus opportunities to visit historic sites and contemporary facilities.