Honors Student Success
The Honors College is committed to supporting honors students in their personal and professional development. When a student joins the Honors College, they are assigned a dedicated Honors staff member whose aim is to provide support and guidance as students navigate the additional requirements and opportunities available to them. All students are required to meet with their assigned Honors Success Team contact as they enter.
After the first meeting, students are not required to meet with their Honors Success Team contact each semester. They are, however, encouraged to take advantage of this resource by scheduling an honors appointment at least once per year. Doing so can assist students in monitoring their progress through Honors College requirements as well as provide additional support and guidance related to the Honors Upper Division Requirements, experiential learning, research opportunities, nationally competitive scholarships, and post-graduation plans.
The Honors Student Success Team is designed to supplement the advisement students receive through their home colleges or departments and is not a replacement for discipline-specific advisement.
The Honors Success Team will:
- Provide accurate guidance, information, and assistance to students as they progress through their academic careers;
- Ensure students understand and progress through Honors College requirements in a timely and thoughtful manner;
- Provide guidance on experiential learning, nationally competitive scholarships, and prospective study abroad trips as well as link students with other relevant opportunities to supplement their classroom learning;
- Provide support and feedback to students regarding their Honors-related questions and concerns.
Student Success & Registration Resources
- How to Find Honors Courses in the Course Search
- How to Find Advisement Notes in EAB
- How to Check for Registration Holds
- How to Find Registration Time
- How to View Concise Student Schedule
Last updated: 12/20/2023